Counsellor In Training
MN (Mental Health Nursing), MA in Counselling (currently undertaking)
Languages: English, Mandarin, Hokkien, Teochew
Trained in the area of mental health nursing for more than 15 years, Edwin is compassionate and conscientious in caring for clients with mental health conditions while ensuring their physical, and psychological well-being. As a Masters prepared nurse, Edwin possesses the expert knowledge base, complex decision-making skills and clinical competencies for extended nursing practice, and had worked in both the tertiary and community mental health settings.
Edwin is currently pursuing his Masters in Counselling with Trinity Academy College, Singapore, and will graduate by the end of 2023. He is fervent about providing a psychologically safe environment for his clients and empowering them to cultivate a deeper ‘knowing of the self’ while developing and achieving meaningful behavioural change for his clients.
- Anxiety disorders
- Mood disorders
- Psychotic disorders
Certifications and Accreditations
- Masters of Arts in Counselling (currently undertaking), Trinity Chris-tian Academy College, Singapore.
- Masters in Nursing (Mental Health Nursing), National University of Singapore.
- Bachelors in Health Science, University of Sydney.
- Advanced Diploma in Nursing with merit (Mental Health), Nanyang Polytechnic.
- Diploma in Nursing, Nanyang Polytechnic
- Advanced Certificate in Theology, City Harvest Church Singapore.
- Certification in Mental Health First Aid, Changi General Hospital.
- Certification in Advance Care Planning facilitation (ACP & PPC), Liv-ing Matters.
- Certification in Teaching & Learning (Higher Education), Nanyang Pol-ytechnic.
- Student member, Association of Christian Counsellors (ACCS).
- Registered Mental Health Nurse, Singapore Nursing Board (SNB).
- Registered Nurse, Singapore Nursing Board (SNB).
Edwin graduated with a Masters in Nursing (Mental Health) in 2010 at the National University of Singapore, and is a registered nurse with more than 20 years of clinical experience, with 17 years as a registered mental health nurse. He previously held the position of a Nurse Clinician and practised as an Advanced Practice Nurse from 2012-2019, and collaborated closely with the psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team in managing patients with complex mental health conditions, which included psychotic disorders, i.e. Schizophrenia, and mood disorders, i.e. Bipolar disorder and depression. Edwin had worked in both the tertiary and community psychiatric settings. He believes that every person deserves to lead a purposeful and fulfilling life regardless of the condition, and each person should be accorded with compassion, respect and dignity.
Edwin had also conducted mental health training for community nurses in TTSH, KTPH and WHC. He had also given talks on mental health and dementia awareness at eldercare centres, VWOs, and churches such as Woodlands Evangelical Free Church. He is currently an associate nursing lecturer with Ngee Ann Polytechnic, teaching, mentoring and equipping nursing students in mental health nursing and nursing skills. Edwin is registered with the Singapore Nursing Board, as both a registered nurse and registered mental health nurse, and is currently a student member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACCS, Singapore).
Presently, he is undertaking his Masters in Counselling with Trinity Christian Academy College Singapore, and he will be completing his Masters by the end of 2023. His hobbies include cycling, cooking and travelling, and is fervent in going on overseas mission trips, including Malaysia, Indonesia and the Philippines.