Beth is a dedicated therapist with an MA in Counselling, driven by a passion for mental well-being and a deep commitment to enhancing the lives of individuals and families. With a variety of experiences and an empathetic approach, she brings a unique perspective to her practice. She has experience providing therapy for children, teens and adults.
Beth’s journey into counselling began with a solid educational foundation, where she honed her skills as a secondary school educator, recognizing the importance of nurturing intellectual and emotional growth. This background has provided her with a comprehensive understanding of family dynamics and the significant influence of mental health on individuals and their loved ones. She is interested in children/teens/parents experiencing school refusal, self-esteem and bullying issues. She also has extensive experience with ADHD, anxiety, depression and Autism. Other areas of expertise are trauma/abuse processing using the Flash Technique, a version of EMDR. Motherhood has given her extensive experience with challenges such as infertility, pre and post-natal depression and lifestyle adjustments. As a Trailing Spouse, she has personal experience with expatriate lifestyle challenges, third culture identity issues and the immigrant experience.
- Education refusal/difficulty in attending school
- Performance anxiety- professional/personal
- Family dynamics/couples
- Trailing spouses/expatriate challenges
- Fertility issues/Post Natal Depression
- Foreign Domestic Workers- mental health care
Certifications and Accreditations
- Masters in Counselling, Monash University, Melbourne VIC
- Masters in US Studies, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW
- Postgraduate in Secondary Education, University of New South Wales, Sydney, NSW
- Bachelor of Arts/ Minor in Fine Arts, University of San Francisco, CA, USA
- Suicide Prevention/10 hours- Mental Health Academy – Certified
- Flash Technique/EMDR Training- Dr. Philip Manfield – Certified
- Advanced Flash Technique/EMDR Training- Dr. Philip Manfield – Trained
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) – Certified per MA in Counselling
Beth’s unwavering passion for mental health is the cornerstone of her work. She firmly believes that mental well-being is essential for a healthy and balanced society. Through her dedicated practice, she aims to reduce the stigma surrounding seeking help and provides a safe, non-judgmental space for clients to explore their feelings, thoughts, and experiences.
One of Beth’s greatest strengths as a therapist is her ability to listen deeply and empathetically. She understands that each individual’s journey is unique, and she tailors her approach to meet the specific needs of every client. Clients often find comfort in her compassionate and non-directive counselling style, knowing she genuinely cares about their progress and overall well-being.
As a therapist, Beth is honoured to walk alongside individuals and families as they embark on their journey toward healing, growth, and resilience. She is committed to fostering positive change and providing the support necessary for individuals to become healthier, happier, and more balanced members of society.
If you’re seeking guidance in the realms of mental health, trauma, or family issues, Beth is here to support you on your path to greater well-being and fulfilment.