M. Couns (Adv), MA (C. Ed), PG Cert (Adv Ed), BA (Acc), Dip (SD)
Samantha trained and worked as an accountant before moving into mentoring, coaching and counselling college students on issues of emerging identity, life direction and relationships. Her work took a cross-cultural orientation when she moved overseas for 10 years, working with international students and youths from immigrant families. After relocating back to Singapore, she was able to support families dealing with cross-cultural transitions, re-entry adjustments and the psychological and emotional impact of relocations on third culture kids and individuals. Samantha is also adept at helping youth and adult clients with mood and anxiety disorders, marital and parenting issues, trauma, self-identity, grief and loss, life transitions, interpersonal relationship issues, integration of spirituality and psychological well-being.
- Burnout & stress management
- Life transitions & adjustment difficulties
- Relationship & interpersonal difficulties
- Trauma-related issues
- Grief and loss
- Child & adolescent issues (e.g., self-esteem, social skills, friendships, bullying)
- Martial & Parenting Issues
- Unwanted same-sex attraction sexuality issues
Certifications and Accreditations
- Master of Counselling (Advanced), Swinburne University of Technology (Australia)
- Master of Arts in Christian Education, Biola University (USA)
- Postgraduate Certificate in Advanced Educational Studies, Aberdeen University (UK)
- Diploma in Spiritual Direction, San Francisco Theological Seminary (USA)
- Bachelor of Accountancy, National University of Singapore
- Registered Counsellor & Clinical Member, The Singapore Association for Counselling
Undergirding Samantha’s therapeutic approach is an empathic sensitivity to each person’s unique lived experience and struggles, being respectful and non-judging to create a safe space for the other to feel felt and heard. The quality of the counselling relationship deeply matters to Samantha who believes that cultivating a sacred therapeutic space is an essential and powerful vehicle for change.
Utilizing appropriate and integrative interventions drawn from solution-focused therapy, narrative therapy, schema therapy, cognitive behavioural therapy, EMDR, brainspotting, image transformation therapy, psychodynamic psychotherapy, Samantha seeks to empower and resource her client with skills and deepening self-understanding towards realistic resolutions of current distresses, build inner resilience while birthing one’s potential in the unfolding of a personal growth journey.
For her own growth and renewal, Samantha values moments of spacious silence, packaged in or outdoors, nature walks and hunts down awe-inspiring documentaries and films.