We are looking for a self-motivated Addiction Recovery Coach/Peer Recovery Coach for our expanding clinic operations. The right candidate will have an opportunity for growth and development and be part of our growing team in the Visions department to guide our clients towards a path of holistic recovery and positive transformation.
- Develop and conduct outreach work
- Assist in running Relapse Prevention Groups
- Provide one-to-one support and para-counselling
- Participate in education and training, such as experiential therapy, family education and evidence-based therapy training
- Assist with Detox Management
- Oversee urine-testing for clients
- Advocate & promote recovery from addictions
- Assist the team with assessment of clients’ recovery
- Collaborate with team members for referral management, connecting with clients and families with the services they need at Promises
- Involvement in youth work to provide emotional support, encouraging education, training, and employment
- Support and encourage clients to attend self-help groups regularly
- Conduct risk assessments of clients
- Conduct hospital visits when necessary
- Willing to work flexible hours and days, including weekends and after-office hours
- Has a passion to support individuals who are considering or in recovery from addiction to live fulfilling lives in the community.
- Preferably with some experience in working with people struggling with addictions.
- Volunteer experience and certified training in addictions work are a plus.
- Personal lived experience of recovery is helpful for advocacy
- Diploma level education
- Preferably a trained addiction coach or willing to be trained.
Salary commensurate to experience